Thursday

A quick introduction



I figured I should take a moment to introduce myself. As I mentioned earlier, my name is Roel Torres, and I am the founder and staff writer for Hypersmash Studios. I have loved comics my entire life, and founding Hypersmash Studios is a dream come true for me.

I was born in Boston, grew up in the Philippines, and moved to Worcester at the age of nine. I was an undergrad at Harvard University where I completed an Advanced Standing accelerated degree in English and American Literature, finishing in three years and graduating with Honors, Cum Laude.

I've always had a strong creative writing background. It was an academic focus for me at Harvard, and an important aspect of my professional career when I worked as a copywriter in advertising in Boston, and a literary publicist for a publishing house in New York City. I've also written over half a dozen travel documentaries that were broadcast to 128 countries around the world.

These days, I work full-time as a Financial Officer for Harvard at the Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS bio), the Harvard-M.I.T. Data Center (HMDC bio), and the Center for Government and International Studies (CGIS.) It’s a cool place to work, and I enjoy spending the time with the people I work with. The job definitely helps pay the bills, but I still have the urge to write. The comics we publish at Hypersmash Studios will be the direct result of that urge.

This blog will be a useful place to track the progress of our upcoming comic book projects (Battle Team Omega, Rogue Agent Zed, and Lightning Girl Loves Rocket Boy), all scheduled for publication in 2008. Thanks for visiting the site, feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, and I hope you enjoy what you see.

Thanks!
--Roel

No comments: