Saturday

Interviews with ComicBookInterviews.com!


Not surprisingly, it's been a long time since I've been interviewed.  Back in 2008, baseball historian Scott Simkus contacted me about a dozen essays I had written for Bill James.  Scott and I ended up having a great conversation, and he ended up posting our chat on his blog.   It was a very cool experience, but not exactly one I planned on repeating.  (In general, it seems a lot more natural when I'm the one asking the questions and doing the interviewing.)

But recently, John Michael Helmer of ComicBookInterviews.com contacted me to see if I would answer some questions about my experiences as a comic book creator.  Of course, I told him, "Yes!"  I was more than happy to chat with him.

For those of you who aren't familiar with ComicBookInterviews.com, it's a great site that features a ton of conversations with comic creators like Freddie Williams II (Captain Atom, Robin), Steve Rude (Nexus), Ron Fortier (Terminator: Burning Earth, Green Hornet), Steve Keates (Hawk and Dove, The Spectre), and Walter Koenig (Chekov from Star Trek)

John asked a lot of thought-provoking questions, and I tried to answer them to the best of my ability.  Hopefully the end results aren't too much of a disaster.  Many thanks to John for his time and efforts in promoting my comics, and also the work of so many other deserving indie comic creators out there.

Click here to read my interview.  Enjoy!

(Oh, and at the end of the interview, John mentioned that he wanted an opportunity to talk to the artists who work on the Hypersmash books -- Scott, Jeremiah, and Marco.  So maybe we'll see interviews with some of those guys as well!)







UPDATE! --
Speak of the devil, here's the interview with Scott Arnold, artist for Lightning Girl Loves Rocket Boy!  Nice job, Scott!



AND ANOTHER UPDATE! --
But wait -- there's more!  Here's the interview with Marco, artist for Battle Team Omega and Astro Crusader!   Well done, Marco!


I think one thing that comes through clearly in these three separate discussions is the deep love everyone shares for making comics, and the comic book medium in general.

Wow -- with three different interviews on the site, Hypersmash is pretty well-represented, right?  Thanks again, John!


No comments: