Wednesday

Design Workshop: Marco D. Carillo works his magic on Battle Team Omega

When Marco signed up to work on Battle Team Omega, he asked whether he could re-design the look and costumes of all the main characters. I immediately gave him full approval without hesitation because I knew from looking at his portfolio that he had a prolific and stylish design sense. Let’s check out a few of the highlights:

Velocity Hawk:

Korrgar Rex:

Silverbolt:Danger Ace:

Devil of Destruction:

I am completely knocked out by the designs. I really love the Danger Ace costume, in particular. (Somehow, it looks both retro and modern at the same time.) And it's great that Marco also happens to be a talented colorist -- because it's nice to see them in color!

In addition to his excellent design sense, Marco is also the fastest artist I have worked with, and that is truly an invaluable skill. The book is speeding towards completion (note to self: remember to find a letterer to put words into comic), and I'll keep everyone posted on the news as it approaches publication. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

mdavidct said...

thank you for the words Roel, only one thing my last name is Carrillo LOL. is like a little car and Castillo is castle in spanish.

i very happy you like the designs i really work in your comic and characters like they was mine.

Hypersmash Studios said...

Hi Marco! That was a very silly typo -- of course I know your last name. I apologize -- I should definitely spell your last name properly! (This is what happens when you try to compose five posts in the same morning with no proofreading...) I have fixed that error and promise never to do it again in the future!!! --Roel